As a Christian, someone who has put faith in trust in the redemptive work of Jesus Christ through His death on the cross and subsequent resurrection, our behavior mirrors, reflects and resembles Christ. Being gracious and merciful to others is behaving like Christ.
Why did I become a Christian?
I became a Christian because I wanted a relationship with God that would be with me here on earth and carry me over to eternal life with Him. … Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see, I hope for eternal life. I’m certain that I will see God there. And that’s why I became a Christian.
What it means to be a Christian?
In its most basic definition, a Christian is someone who is a follower of Jesus Christ. And we follow Christ by embodying both the beliefs of the Christian faith by believing in Jesus’s life, death, and resurrection (orthodoxy), and also by putting that faith into action as true disciples of Christ (orthopraxy).
What are the 7 characteristics of Christianity?
- Love God.
- Love your neighbor as yourself.
- Forgive others who have wronged you.
- Love your enemies.
- Ask God for forgiveness of your sins.
- Jesus is the Messiah and was given the authority to forgive others.
- Repentance of sins is essential.
- Don’t be hypocritical.
What are the 5 basic beliefs of Christianity?
The 5 are: 1) Uniqueness of Jesus (Virgin Birth) –Oct 7; 2) One God (The Trinity) Oct 14; 3) Necessity of the Cross (Salvation) and 4) Resurrection and Second Coming are combinded on Oct 21; 5) Inspiration of Scripture Oct 28.
Is it OK to question God?
“Don’t question God, just trust Him.” … As they say – there’s nothing wrong with God’s Word. The problem lies in how we sometimes hear and understand it.
What causes loss of faith?
Faith, like love, is an element that bonds together relationships. And we lose faith like we lose love — for many reasons. Loss comes from misunderstandings, personality conflicts, tragic circumstances, ill treatment and our own ignorance, to name a few.
How do we find God?
Here are the five ways to help along this spiritual transformation inside yourself:
- Change your thinking about yourself and about God. …
- Regard every thought of God as God. …
- Practice believing that God dwells in you already. …
- Remember that God dwells in all others, too. …
- Be still and know that I am God.
What are 3 facts about Christianity?
5 x Christianity facts for kids
- Christians believe in one god, it’s a monotheistic religion.
- Mary was the mother of Jesus.
- Monks and Nuns are devoted followers of Christianity.
- The Pope is the leader of the Catholic Church.
- About 71 percent of Americans identify as Christian.