Where should I start studying the Bible?
Reading the Bible is the number one way I recommend people start seeking to hear God speak. If you’ve met God and are ready to go deeper, hear Him speak & interact with Him on a daily level then Scripture is the best place to start. Sometimes we want God to speak to us individually and verbally.
What order should I read the Bible in?
Another order to read the Bible is to jump back and forth between the Old and New Testaments. For example, read Genesis, then Luke, go back to Exodus, then jump to Acts, etc… Another way is to read them simultaneously. For example, read a few chapters of Genesis and a few chapters of Luke each day.
How do beginners read the Bible?
How to Understand the Bible for Beginners
- Read the Bible in Context. …
- Learn Who the Main Characters Are. …
- Get Familiar with the Main Storyline. …
- Choose a Translation of the Bible That Best Fits Your Needs. …
- Focus on Applying the Bible to Your Life.
What’s the best way to study the Bible?
11 Ways to Study the Bible: Methods, Techniques & Tips
- THE SWORD METHOD OF BIBLE STUDY.
- CHARACTER STUDY.
- WRITE OUT VERSES FROM THE BIBLE.
- STUDY A BOOK OF THE BIBLE.
- READ THROUGH THE BIBLE.
- TOPICAL/THEMATIC BIBLE STUDY.
- PRACTICAL STUDY.
- MEMORIZE SCRIPTURE.
How do you study the Bible here are 5 steps?
5 Steps for Expositing Scripture
- Step 1: Pray. All scripture reading, studying and application must begin with prayer. …
- Step 2: Read the scripture with fresh eyes. …
- Step 3: Ask the basic questions: Who what, when why and how. …
- Step 4: Explore. …
- Step 5: Journal and apply.