What is the second shortest book in the Bible?
The text consists of a single chapter, divided into 21 verses, making it the shortest book in the Hebrew Bible. The book concerns the divine judgment of Edom and the restoration of Israel.
Book of Obadiah.
What are the shortest chapters in the Bible?
Psalm 117, the shortest chapter, is also the middle chapter of the Bible, being the 595th Chapter. Psalm 119 is the longest chapter of the Bible. Five books are a single chapter: Obadiah, Philemon, 2 & 3 John, Jude.
What are the two shortest verses in the Bible?
Top 10 Shortest Verses in the Bible
- John 11:35 KJV. Jesus wept.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16 KJV. Rejoice evermore.
- Luke 17:32 KJV. Remember Lot’s wife.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 KJV. Pray without ceasing.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:20 KJV. Despise not prophesyings.
- Exodus 20:13 KJV. Thou shalt not kill.
- Exodus 20:15 KJV. …
- Deuteronomy 5:17 KJV.
Which Bible verse is the shortest?
“Jesus wept” (Koinē Greek: ἐδάκρυσεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς, romanized: edákrusen ho Iēsoûs, pronounced [ɛˈdakrysɛn (h)o i. eˈsus]) is a phrase famous for being the shortest verse in the King James Version of the Bible, as well as many other versions.
What is the shortest book?
1. “Baby Shoes” by Hemingway. This is 20th-century American author Ernest Hemingway’s famous six-word story. You’ve probably heard of it.
What is the shortest chapter in a book?
The shortest chapter in a published book is in Tristram Shandy by Lawrence Sterne: it has no words. Several other novels have chapters that are only one word long.
What is the shortest book in the Bible New Testament?
The Epistle of Jude is the sixty-fifth book in the Christian Bible, and the twenty-sixth in the New Testament. It is one of the shortest books in the Bible, at only 25 verses long.
How many brothers did Jesus have?
The New Testament names James the Just, Joses, Simon, and Jude as the brothers (Greek adelphoi) of Jesus (Mark 6:3, Matthew 13:55, John 7:3, Acts 1:13, 1 Corinthians 9:5). The same verses also mention unnamed sisters of Jesus.
What is the shortest verse in the book of Matthew?
Matthew 5:18 is the eighteenth verse of the fifth chapter of the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament and is part of the Sermon on the Mount. Jesus has just reported that he came not to destroy the law, but fulfil it.
How do you pray a short prayer?
What follows can help you learn how to pray.
- Prayer Has Four Simple Steps.
- Step 1: Address Heavenly Father.
- Step 2: Thank Heavenly Father.
- Step 3: Ask Heavenly Father.
- Step 4: Close in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Praying in a Group.
- Pray Always, With Sincerity and With Faith in Christ.
- Prayers Will Always Be Answered.
What is the longest prayer in the Bible?
John 17:1–26 is generally known as the Farewell Prayer or the High Priestly Prayer, given that it is an intercession for the coming Church. It is by far the longest prayer of Jesus in any of the gospels.
Which is the longest chapter in Psalms?
With 176 verses, the psalm is the longest psalm as well as the longest chapter in the Bible.
|Manuscript of verse 81 by Giovannino de’ grassi, Biblioteca Nazionale, Florence|
|Other name||Psalm 118 (Vulgate) “Beati inmaculati in via”|