Is it bad to say you are praying for someone?
“I love you, and I’ve been thinking about how to help you work through this. I’m always here to talk.” Extending your help is often the best way to show that you care about someone. And, letting your loved one know that you’re simply there to talk, too, isn’t a bad idea.
How do you let someone know you’re praying for them?
Let the people know you’re praying for them and ask if there’s anything they would like you to pray for. When you feel it’s appropriate, ask if anything has happened in their life related to their prayer requests. Find a Scripture that fits where your friends are on their spiritual journey.
What do you say when praying for someone?
Almighty God, we entrust all who are dear to us to thy never-failing care and love, for this life and the life to come, knowing that thou art doing for them better things than we can desire or pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. Lord please give my treasured friend love and blessings without end.
How do you respond when someone says they’re praying for you?
“I’ll Pray for You”
- It is a comfort that you will be thinking of me.
- That’s reassuring, thanks.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thank you, it is nice to know that.
- Thank you for your good wishes.
- (smiling) Please do. I’m flattered. ( Marvin)
- Thanks. I appreciate you are keeping me in your thoughts. ( Dustin)
What to say instead of you’re in my prayers?
What You Can Say Instead of Sending ‘Thoughts and Prayers’
- I’m here for you. …
- My favorite memory of your loved one is… …
- I am so sad to hear about your loss. …
- They always told me so much about you. …
- I’m only a phone call away. …
- I’m thinking of you today. …
- I am so sorry. …
- We will miss them so much.
How do you tell someone you’re praying for them without saying it is praying?
If you are praying for someone, you might say something like “I’ll keep you in my prayers.” If you are not, maybe “I’ll be thinking about you,” or “I’ll keep you in my thoughts,” or “I’m sending you good vibes,” if you’re into that sort of thing.
What does it mean to pray for someone?
1. To utter a prayer to God or some other deity as an entreaty for the physical or spiritual wellbeing of someone.
Will keep your family in my prayers?
I will keep your family in my prayers during this difficult time. The loss of a love one is so hard to face, you just want to hide, go some where and escape! But death is something, we all must go through, I know it’s hard, when it’s someone you loved and knew.
Why do we pray for one another?
When we pray for someone else it draws us closer in relationships. Praying for your spouse, child, or friend helps them to see how much you love them. Almost no one you meet will decline being prayed over. Offering to pray for someone is a free and powerful gift you can give to anyone you meet.
What does the Bible says about praying for others?
James 5:16. 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Why our prayers are not answered?
– As long as your prayers are for selfish motives, driven by pride hidden in your heart, God will not answer them. … – If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and you don’t correct them, you ‘regard iniquity in your heart’ and thus should forget about God answering your prayers.
What does it mean to keep someone in your prayers?
When someone you know is going through a difficult situation, you can ask other people to pray for them or think about them.