What are some ways we might live our lives worthy of the Gospel?
We learn from verse 27 that a manner of life worthy of the Gospel brings steadfastness (standing firm), unity (in one spirit), work (striving), and partnership (side by side).
How do Christians live their values?
A List of Christian Values
- Generosity – This is the core Christian value of being kind and unselfish, especially with our money and time. …
- Courage– The value is characterized by boldness and confidence. …
- Love – Love is a fundamental characteristic of who God is and it’s a value that is to describe His children as well.
What are Gospel values examples?
Gospel Values (and Related Values)
- Faith – truth, fidelity, tradition, doctrine, prayer, revelation, reading scripture.
- Service – commitment, caring, concern, involvement, empathy, almsgiving.
- Courage – sacrifice, self-denial, fortitude, restraint, discipline, patience, temperance.
How do I live out God’s message?
Following God’s Plan for Your Life:
- Be in prayer. A way to know that you are following God’s plan for your life is by being in prayer. …
- Be actively reading in the Word. …
- Follow the commands He puts on your heart. …
- Seek a godly community. …
- Obey the Truth.
What does it mean to walk worthy of the gospel?
To walk worthy, one must first understand and appreciate the great price God paid to redeem us. … He saw himself as a prisoner of the Lord. He was locked in God’s kingdom of righteousness, peace, and joy. Paul walked worthy of the Lord by knowing whose prisoner he really was.
How do we walk worthy of our calling?
When you sincerely seek to please God in all you do and when you honor Him by how you do your work and live your life, you are walking worthy of your calling and living a life of significance.
What value does the Bible have in your life?
Reading the Bible on a regular and consistent basis has several benefits. First, the Bible shows us God’s character and provides us God’s revelation of himself to his people. In each section of the Bible, we see God’s holy, unchanging, faithful, gracious and loving character.
What are examples of values?
102 examples of values and beliefs
What does the Bible say about value of life?
Each life is truly a gift from God. We can honor His gift by cherishing our own lives as well as respecting and valuing the lives of others. We are precious in His sight, and by trusting Him and being diligent in our choices, we can share light and truth with the world around us.
In what way we become a witness of the Gospel values?
We are witnesses of Jesus Christ when we live so as to reflect His teachings. The way we act, speak, look, and even think should reflect Him and His ways. … We are witnesses of Jesus Christ when we bear testimony to others and help them learn of and follow Him.
Why is faith a gospel value?
Gospel values are rooted in a faith that makes demands on one’s whole life and become tangible in the persons and relations that make up the school. “You must live your whole life according to the Christ you have received—Jesus the Lord.
Is humility a gospel value?
The Christian tradition unequivocally affirms that humility is a virtue. Christians did not invent humility as a virtue ― it is there in the Hebrew scriptures already ― but Christian scripture and subsequent Christian thought put humility at the centre of the moral life in an unprecedented way.
How do we live according to the Bible?
BIBLE VERSES THAT REMIND YOU TO LIVE A VIBRANT LIFE
- PSALM 37:4: THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. …
- MATTHEW 5:12: REJOICE AND BE GLAD. …
- ACTS 2:46: WITH GLADNESS AND SINCERITY. …
- JOHN 10:10: ABUNDANT LIFE. …
- 2 TIMOTHY 1: 7: A SPIRIT OF POWER.
How does God want us to live our lives?
God expects us to accept His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, as our Savior. He expects us to give our lives to Him, and in so doing, develop the character of Christ. … God does not expect you to be famous, rich, popular or beautiful. God expects you to trust Him, Love Him and pattern yourself after His Son, Jesus Christ.
How can I live a good life with God?
Having a Close Relationship with God. Ask Jesus into your life if you haven’t already. If you’re just learning about Christianity, you’ll need to become a follower of Christ before you can live a good Christian life. To do this, pray to Jesus and ask Him to forgive you for any sins you’ve committed in your life.