Keeping your eyes fixed on Jesus means keeping him as the focus of your life. It means putting Jesus above all things of this earth. It means turning to Jesus first in the face of trials. It’s a way of living, not a single act. It’s living fully into your faith and knowing Jesus is the center of your life.
What does it mean to be focused on God?
When we take the time to recount our blessings — that is, to remember all that God has done for us — we are choosing to focus on God instead of our problems, our worries, or ourselves. When we recount our blessings and praise God for them, it makes it harder to focus on the world or live for ourselves.
Why is it important to focus on God?
1. It is important to work on our relationship with God. Often times of stress force people to look beyond their own strength. … Perhaps God allows us to experience times of deep distress to help us realize what is really important in life: a relationship with Him and others.
How do you focus on Jesus and not the storm?
He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey Him. ‘” (Luke 8:24-25 NIV). FOCUS ON JESUS THROUGH THE THICK AND THIN and everything will go according to His good and perfect plan for your life.
How do you stay focused according to the Bible?
Pray about everything
- Pray about everything (not just anxiety). Pour out everything on your heart and mind – your thoughts, emotions, sins, desires. …
- Petition to God (humbly request or beg). Don’t hide desperation if you are feeling desperate. …
- Praying with thanksgiving (reminds us who God is). …
- Keep at it!
What are the benefits of focus?
Benefits of being focused
- Builds momentum. When you stay focused on one assignment, you’re more apt to complete it with greater efficiency. …
- Increases productivity. …
- Reduces stress. …
- Produces better quality of work. …
- Eliminate distractions. …
- Prioritize your tasks. …
- Train your mind. …
- Work in a quiet space.
How do you focus on God in a relationship?
For God to be central in your dating relationship, He first has to be the center of your own life. Spend time each day praying, reading scripture, and listening for His calling in your life. This will help encourage your partner to focus on their spiritual growth, as well, which will benefit you as a couple.
What is the best way of studying the Bible?
11 Ways to Study the Bible: Methods, Techniques & Tips
- THE SWORD METHOD OF BIBLE STUDY.
- CHARACTER STUDY.
- WRITE OUT VERSES FROM THE BIBLE.
- STUDY A BOOK OF THE BIBLE.
- READ THROUGH THE BIBLE.
- TOPICAL/THEMATIC BIBLE STUDY.
- PRACTICAL STUDY.
- MEMORIZE SCRIPTURE.
What to do when you cant pray?
Just sit quietly with God and listen. It seldom hurts us to sit still, be quiet, meditate on God, and just listen – especially when we’re struggling. God has a powerful way of calming our soul when we just listen.